Thursday, February 16, 2006

Rollicking On Broken Dreams

Friends are flowers in my life with foes bieng the thorns. This makes life a beautifull garden of my dreams. But sooner or later I have to part to walk alone in a road full of travellers with strange looks . Some may travel to the same destination that of mine but never ever can be there one like U.

Never thot of writing back so qucikly.Perhaps I am testing my own limits. Well as the search still goes on what to write suddenly my eyes fall on my own blog and I noticed two posts (of sammy and rohan) relating to their stay at the hostel and thus I have my own topic. Well I wudn't say much this time.All I gotta say are some lines from some famous songs . These years are some of the precious moments that I have ever spent and will always be the days of cherishing. I have done so many things that I had never thot of doing . So fast this time has moved and now a days I just stare blankly at the calender counting the number of days left . That makes me too nostalgic too think of nething else. I am sure on the eve of the farewell I am going to cry ,cry a lot until my eyes gets swelled and I don't feel ashamed of admitting that . Cos I have lived these four years over here in this college like a king ,satisfying the name given to our hoste,like a close knit royal familyl. This life has taught me many things with every passing day, I learnt how to deal wid different people,made adjustments many times, have compromised when the situation demanded .Most of all it had taught me to do and think as if a grown up individual though i wasn't old enuf to embrace the tough times that had rocked me during the initial days. During this four years I have lived independently widout any interference from my people back home. It has given my enuf reasons to smile, to cry, to laugh at myself on being a jackass many a times, times when I had repented on doing something or for not doing something . It had given my friends as well as foes. I neither flatter nor blame them for making me what I am know. So just to summarise these four yrs and I wud just quote the lines from a famous number of bryan adams.
SUMMER OF '69
oh when i look back now
that summer seemed to last forever
and if i had the choice
ya - i'd always wanna be there
those were the best days of my life
ain't no use in complainin'
when you got a job to do
spent my evenin's down at the drive-in
and that's when i met you
man we were killin' time
we were young and restless
we needed to unwind
i guess nothin' can last forever - forever, no
and now the times are changin'
look at everything that's come and gone
sometimes when i play that old six-string
i think about ya wonder what went wrong

those were the best days of my life
back in the summer of '69

But then my thots fly aheadof me to think what will happen in future. In what type of environment I am going to lend with no support from all u people and cold fear starts in my blood. Man I know we all can't be forever and we are destined to part from each other and to be loner as we used to be . Some may argue that we were never a loner but think of the four years we have spent and the closeness that was there , and we will know the missing element that's awaiting us. There will always be roads and travellers going and coming but I walk alone in this lonely road where everyone is a stranger giving me dreaded looks . So here goes another number which is one of my all time favourites.
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
I walk a lonely road
The only one I that have ever known
Don't know were it goes
But its home to me and I walk alone
I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of broken dreams
Where the city sleeps
And I'm the only one and I walk alone
My shadows the only one that walks beside me
My shallow hearts the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
Till then I walk alone
I'm walking down the line
That divides me somewhere in my mind
On the border line of the edge
And were I walk alone
Read between the lines of what's
Fucked up and every things all right
Check my vital signs to know I'm still alive
And I walk alone
My shadows the only one that walks beside me
My shallow hearts the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
Till then I walk alone


So I know not what's and who all are waiting for me after the next 3-4 months but this is sure me will be lounging for another day in this college,in this hostel and most of most I will be longing to spend another day of my insignificant life with all of u my friends. No reunion days, no chit chats on yahoo messenger and no phone call talks can give back any of those wonderfull moments that I have spent in this college among u people.These are the real moments to cherish.

Mood: As usual nostalgic as less than 70 days in this college left. Wish cud have had a joint of grass pot but I had quit.

No comments: