Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Every Story has an end

I am really fed up of the speed of my wireless internet connection. Now me regretting why i didn't shift my room to some other where there was LAN connection and insisted on WLAN card. Perhaps i wanted to make Sharma taste a defeat. But let me stop this over here cos today I am here to tell an amazing story which came to an end very recently.And don't be surprised seeing more than one posts in a day.
End of tale.Some have happy endings and some have tragic.Some are endings that u die to happen and some are the exact opposite that's unwanted things happening. I dunno what type of end this story had. It's on the readers to decide was this the perfect ending or cud have been a different ending if the characters involved haven't acted in the way they have done.But one thing is for sure for me.Nothing cud have emulated this ending
So this story started on jan 13th when our batch was united against Lalit pattnaik of third yr. He started abusing me and even kicked me once. Now that was the limit. I tried to retaliate but I was in no order a match for his huge physique. So I kept quite and at that time they took me for granted thinking I wudn't cross their line again. He even brought some local goons to threaten me, but I guess that was his biggest mistake cos till then I was one of those Mummy Daddy boys in the college who never gets involved in house fighting and all those stuff . Till then I had no involvement in group actvities but at that time I felt ashamed as well as insecure. I had no close relationship with ne of so called leaders(read MUNDIS" ) of our batch. But I had to retaliate so I was thinking of ways. I called Dyna bhai and mitr bhai for help and they were ready with their local groups for my revenge. But then came a call from Lali and he told me to keep the matter under nose as the starnite of KK was approaching.
On 14th lali called and told to get ready and made me aware of the plan. Then we ppl of around 20 got hold of that pig like structure(Lalit) and beat him black and blues. He started to bleed from his nose .I then formally lodged a case of misbehaviour in drunken state against him and his friends.We also mass bunked and here we means not only CSE but whole of our batch. In the meantime Lalit had approached some persons for back to back attack one whom was Sushilendu Pati whom many of batchmates fear even now. He tried to show his big brotherhood by slapping me but I never allowed that to happen can caught his hand in mid air and that led to another tension between him and me. Late in the midnight he summoned me thru two friends of me Vihung and Rai for compromise. But there he did his ultimate act of deception. He made me drunk and then slapped me 6 times whose echoes I still find in my ears. But that never hurt me ,what hurt me most was that another senior who happened to be our AGS spilled his vodka glass on me and that infuriated me the most. I took an oath of taking revenge when I pass out from this college but as I believe destiny has its own tales to say.
We had numerous incidents of fighting wid lalit until he straightened himself. Den came the vibranz time and we all were busy in politicising everything. Then there started of show of strengths and powers . There were two groups lali with his group and support of both hostels pitted against haripad and his localites groups. I was in a undecided state of support as both were my friends. One helped my when i was in trouble and wid the other i had numerous booze sessions after bunking classes. I searched my conscience for an answer and it replied. It was my way for showing my gratitude to lali . Once haripad and his friends walked out we had clean way.Soon our preps began and we all were busy doing different task .I was head of the refreshment committee as well an integral part of sponsorship. But once it happened that lali and aish were out at bglr that an incident happened reagarding T-shirt punchlines occured and we hit 33 guys from second yr.That was a day when our tirade against second yr juniors started. In 5 days the casualty was 53 and finally the biggest mistake in our college history. Mass fighting between 2nd yr and 4th yr hostelites resulting in a sine die of 45 days as well as cancellation of all functions including vibranz 05, annutsav 06 and our hard earned study tour but the college went ahead with the NCSC 05 programme which was welcomed by all. When we returned it was all but a new story where hostel authorities where the villian and our entry times restricted to 9.00 Pm,no bikes in hostel,no groups, no gatherings which we signed in a stamp paper of denimination Rs.5.00.
It was like asking lions of jungles to come to cages and even we abided by .After all our jobs where in their hands. When everything was going right and we had just started to live the new life at hostel, pati bhai came to attack Lali with some mundis of our senior batches that lali and many of my friends retaliated and beat him till he was half dead.
So it all started like a small issue and ended with careers of two friends of mine at scare and with my revenge completely avenged. So the bottom line was "its never how u play the game but its always how the game plays u".Who knew that things will end in such lines but when i look back now into past and think of what I did and and I hadn't I think I owe an apology to my batchmates specially my branchmates as i was one of the members in the vibranz committee as well as one of the organisers for the study tour. I deeply regret for all that happened and my active involvement in all cases that led to cancellation of vibranz and also the study tour, but we (as well as me) never did nething to show our power or nething but the circumstances led us where we stand now. And finally the story ends with many of my group members at large,me avenging my revenge,some casualties in the hospital and my finding myself guilty of some misdeeds.

No comments: